Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Little Birthday Card

I made this card for my daughter's birthday (today!).  It was made with SVG Cuts Everyday Cards SVG Kit.  The pattern for this one originally said PARTY where HAPPY is, but I changed it to Happy and then added birthday underneath.  I cut this with a Sizzix Eclips using ECAL software, and I can't believe how easily it cut the word birthday.  It is about 2" from the beginning of the word Birthday to the end, and the cutter cut it meticulously.  The insides just came out so easily.  I didn't think it would work, but it was no problem with this great cutter. The card is a box without the sides.  It folds flat to fit into an A2 card, and then the box opens in order to set it up.  I used a couple of small brads on the back for decoration where the salutation is located.  The envelope comes with the kit, and I embossed the flap to match the embossing on the front frame of the card.  I really love the way it turned out, and I love Mary's patterns at SVG Cuts.  And, most importantly, Happy Birthday to my sweet daughter.

Enjoy your craft today!

No comments:

Post a Comment