Monday, February 6, 2012

Birthday Treats!

How fun is this cupcake treat box!  SVG Cuts does it again.  This is a part of their Happy Birthday to You SVG set that was just released on Saturday.  The set shows a flower on top, but since I was making this for a young man, I swayed from the flower and used a dollop of whipped cream with a cherry on top instead.  I cut the cherry from a very old Art Explosion clip art set I've had for probably 15 years, modified in Illustrator.  I made the cherry two-sided so that I could tuck the stem and the white "cherry shine" in between the two layers of cherries.    The dollop of whipped cream was a free pdf template from Stampindesign by Lynn Pratt's blog. I tried to fold it on my own and couldn't figure it out.  I finally looked at the instructions, and then it all made sense (no, I'm not a man). I can tell I'll be making a bunch of these this year.  The size of the box is perfect for a few treats. It's around 4" tall from the bottom to the top of the cupcake (not including the whipped cream).  All cuts were done with a Sizzix Eclips and ECAL software. I'm on my way to fill it up so I can give it away tonight. Try it!  You'll like it.



Sweet dreams, with a cherry on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment