Friday, May 20, 2016

Philaterium Box

As I'm gearing up to make a larger chip board project, I found a tutorial for this little trunk box on youtube made by Alexandra M. I thought it would be good practice leading to the larger project. So, here is my Philaterium Box. I don't have any idea what philaterium means or relates to, but here's the darling trunk I made.
The hardware used is a mixture of Tim Holtz Idea-ology, The Paper Studio Spare Parts and cup drawer pulls from Amazon.
The inside top of the upper chamber has a pocket where I added some ephemera.
The paper used is My Mind's Eye, Lost & Found Union Square.
There are two upper sections, and a drawer at the bottom.
I haven't quite figured out if I want to put something on the inside top of the center section, and if I do, I'm not sure exactly what. I'll have to think about that! Sometimes one needs to just step away and let new thoughts arrive!
 
It's a lovely little box, and I really enjoyed making it. Alexandra M. has some other free tutorials, including a vintage suitcase, that you could all try! She explains things really well, and is quick and concise. 
Hope you enjoyed my little box tour!

Make a special place to save some sweet memories!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you made this box, Deb! It turned out gorgeous and the fact that it is finished means that my tutorial was helpful ;) thanks for this post, enjoyed seeing your result

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Alexandra! And, yes, your tutorial was really great and easy to follow. Congrats on the G45 DT! Hope you have a blast.

      Delete