Thursday, November 9, 2017

Give Thanks - Cornucopia

Thanksgiving is at our house this year, so when a new challenge came up on the Sizzix Eclips FB page that mentioned home decor as one of the options, I immediately thought of making a centerpiece for the table. All of the cut files used are from SVG Cuts (svgcuts.com).

I've always wanted to make or even just have a cornucopia, so here is my version.
The cornucopia is in the Happy Thanks SVG Kit. I needed it a bit larger, so I scaled it to 150% of the original. I cut a separate set of the panels and put then on the inside as well. It's about 9" at its full length.
The pumpkin comes from the Bedtime Stories SVG Kit. This one I made a bit smaller, at 85% of the original. The top comes off of the pumpkin, but I chose to glue it shut.
The acorns are really my favorite part of this project. They come from the Acorn Autumn SVG Kit. I had made a couple of them in 2012 or 2013, and loved them. For this project I needed a smaller acorn, so I made two of them at 50% of the original.  Some files just don't work well if you shrink them that much, but this one worked great. And, as you can see, they are little boxes. How cute are they? Here they are with their "mommy." I just want to pinch their cheeks, or their caps or whatever!
The leaves were made with various SVG Cuts collections/kits, as well as some from the ECAL shape library. I designed the paper and printed it myself, and then did some extra inking on them as well. And, the little banner was made in Photoshop.

I'm so grateful to be able to create these fun projects. And I'm thankful for friends and family who are so supportive of my crafting.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment