Instructions on Deb's Wishing Well:
Drum from SVG Cuts' Santa’s Visit SVG Set. I removed the brad holes from the drum and the decorator strip. I used a paper that I made myself. I was recently at the Hoover Dam and took a picture of a rock wall, then took it into Photoshop and made the rocks pink. Of course, you can use whatever you want!
I made the pattern for the wooden boards on the sides in Illustrator, and they’re just four sides and an extra edge as a tab for gluing it together. They are about 10.25 tall, ¾" wide and ¼" deep. I embossed them with the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes to give a wood appearance (had to feed it in two ways, since the embossing folder was not that long). I made a small cutout on the inside of the top rim of the drum so that boards could lay flat against the insides of the drum when gluing it in. On the left side board I cut a small X into the inside so that I could insert a 3/8" dowell. The dowell is 5.25" long, and I inked it really well in brown. I did NOT glue the dowel into the hole, but just pushed it in. On the right board, I made the Xs on both the inside and outside so the dowell could go through. I cut an inverted V at the top of each board to that it would fit the V of the roof. (click on image to enlarge)
For the wishing well handle, I just got a piece of chip board, cut it in some arbitrary shape and hole punched the top and bottom. It just happened to be the right size to fit the dowel into snugly, so I didn’t even glue it. Then I took a very small piece of the dowel, cut it and inked it, and put it into the lower hole. No rocket science here, just making it work by trial and error. With the dowel not glued in, this little handle actually spins and will move the bucket up and down in the well.
I used jute and took a single strand from it to tie the bucket to the dowel going across the wishing well. It frays a lot and becomes thin, so once I got my strand, I took a little of the Scotch Adhesive glue, put a drop on my finger and dabbed it very lightly down about 3", then repeated until there was just a very tiny bit of glue along the entire length. I then rolled the jute with my fingers to work the glue into the jute to make it stronger and to stop the fraying.
The flower buds I used were from SVG Cuts' Crush on You Boxes SVG Kit, and I used only the center, rolled portion of the flower. I sized them really little (can’t remember exact measurements). You can just eye it. Then a cut out some little sprigs of leaves and cut them up to place next to the flowers as you like. Before putting them in the bucket, I added some filler (just made square boxes, and then a round piece to fill in the bottom of the bucket), so the flower buds had something to sit on.
Lastly, I used the arch vine from SVG Cuts' My Happy Garden Hideaway to put on the outside of of the boards. I just cut the top of the arch off and used the two sides on the outsides of the boards.
So, there you have it. You can embellish any way you’d like. I’ve never made instructions before, so sorry if this is too confusing. I just sort of winged it the whole way, so there is no one good way or best way to do any of it. Just have fun, and know that it takes a while, especially with trial and error. Finished size is 6" across by 10.25" tall. Have fun!
I'm wishing you happy crafting!
SIDE NOTE Feb. 20: I was so surprised and pleased to have won first place in the Valentine's Day challenge at SVG Cuts' Facebook for my little wishing well. Thanks to all! Yippee!