Friday, February 3, 2012

A Journal Journey

This was such a fun project, and everything was new to me so it was also a great learning experience.  I made a journal for my daughter's birthday gift.  It was bound with a Cinch 2 binding machine using plastic covered wire coil binding.  The cover is made from chipboard covered with art I put together.  I designed the cover using digital paper from Jessica Sprague and art elements also from Jessica Sprague from the collection Journal Your Art Out 1, by Nancy Rowe Janitz and Christine Honsinger.  The finished size was approximately 8" x 10-1/2".


I filled it with Southworth Granite 24lb. paper in rose (it's so pale you can't tell it's rose).  At the end of the book, on the inside cover, I made an open-topped envelope to hold some embellishments I made.  I wanted to have them available so that my daughter could insert them when and where she wanted as she filled the journal.

In the envelope I put some fun things she can use in journaling.  I made some envelopes into which she can put letters, cards, tickets or whatever is her fancy.  She can glue these onto the pages as she uses them. Then I printed some journaling cards which were a freebie from Back to Paper by Linda Tieu.  I changed some of the colors of them to better go with the journal.  I also used some of the Vintage Cabinet Cards by Kitschy Digitals from Jessica Sprague, onto which I printed some photos of my daughter and her husband.  The one blue envelope was of a tree that my daughter painted and designed.  I asked her to send me a photo of it, and then I made an envelope with it.  It turned out really cute.

And, that's about it.  Hope you enjoyed it.  I certainly had fun making it.  And, I hope she uses it!  When I gave it to her, I got the feeling that she liked it but didn't want to mess it up by using it.  I'd love to see it filled with lots of memories and love.  So, until next time...
Keep on crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment