Monday, February 3, 2014

Birthday Time!

Such a busy time of year at my house! We've just finished off with Christmas, and come the end of January, the birthdays just pile up. I've got my husband, daughter, son-in-law, brothers-in-law, sister-in-law and some friends whose birthdays are all within a week and a half at the end of January/beginning of February. As hectic as it is, it does take the pressure off for the rest of the year!

Today I'm sharing a couple of cards and a cute little project I made for my husband.

First is the card I made for my daughter. This was made with Homemade With Love paper by Carte Bella, purchased as digi paper from Jessica Sprague. I took the design from a banner that was on Carte Bella's FB, and designed by Carte Bella DT member, Tegan Skwiat . It's so my girl, as she loves to bake and cook.
 The next card I made for my sis-in-law, who is a major quilter. It was from a file at KaDoodle Bug Designs, with a little alteration as to the occasion and some other added digi elements.
And, lastly for today, I made this little ukulele for my husband's birthday. He was born on Feb. 2, Groundhog's Day. And, he builds ukuleles. We found out just the week before his birthday that Feb. 2 is also World Ukulele Day. How cool and appropriate is that! This little ukulele is a little box. I decided to make it a bit more realistically for him, so I used wood grains. He made me a uke with purple heart (a purple-colored wood), so I incorporated purple wood grain into the rosette. He also uses ebony for his finger boards, so I used an ebony wood grain for the fingerboard on this one.

The pattern for this darling ukulele (they called it a guitar with four strings) comes from SVG Cuts' Instant Memories SVG Kit. There are also some nice Valentine's Day items in this kit as well. Click on the link to take a look.

Wishing You Happy Birthdays and Lots of Love!

2 comments:

  1. I love purple heart wood! I know most people wouldn't know what that is, but my FIL made a wooden car out of it, and it's beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb! Thanks for letting me know my banner inspired you! I am so honored. And these cards look great by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete