Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, here we are on February 14, 2013 celebrating Valentine's Day once again.  If not taken too seriously, this is a fun time of sharing moments with our special loves, be it husband, boyfriend, children, other family or besties.  We really don't celebrate a lot in our house, but my husband always makes sure that my daughter and I get a nice card and some See's candy (no complaints here!).
I made my husband some chocolate chip cookies.  You know the addage, "The way to a man's heart is  through his stomach."  Yup, that's the way it is in our house, and so we have a big batch of cookies waiting for his consumption.  And, of course, I made a nice dinner.
I also made him a card, which was easy, fun, and I think turned out just fine.
 
The card is 6"x6", and was made with the Union Square paper collection from Recollections. The flower on the card came from SVG Cuts 3D Mums SVG Kit. It's the Tickseed mum. Very easy to make, and really cute. I made it at just over one-half of the original pattern size. Made some tickets that I got from some digi kits, and I added some wording to them. Then added a little heart brad.
Here's the  inside.
Again, the elements were from some digi paper.  And, I just made the little flag banner at the bottom.

So, hope you all have or had a lovely day.  I've definitely had too much chocolate today!

May love find you wherever you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment