Saturday, May 31, 2014

Studio South Seas

Today I'll be blogging on a bit of a different note than usual. My dear friend (and basically second daughter), the incredibly musically and artistically talented Regina Moomjean, has just started an Etsy store called "Studio South Seas." Her art is whimsical and joyful, and I hope you like it as much as I do! You can visit her Etsy store here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/studiosouthseas
Regina lives in San Diego, and sings in the Benedetti Trio along with her sister, both being accompanied by their very accomplished musician dad, Fred. She also majored in Art in college, and has recently been following that passion, turning it into a small business. You'll love her designs. My favorite is Eleanor the Elephant. There's just something about her (and her crown) that I love.
When Regina got married in 2011 she designed and hand drew her own wedding invitations. I was able to help her and set them up and print them out for her. They turned out so darling. I was always so in love with the top border graphic, and ever since that time I have been wanting to make something for her using it. I just didn't know exactly what. When she started Studio South Seas, she drew her initial title word art, and it suddenly hit me. I had just started to try my hand at cutting vinyl, so I came up with a combination of the wedding invite image and the title word art. I cut them out of heat transfer vinyl. I made her a tank top using what I came up with, and the two images blended together perfectly. Here's the tank I made for her.
I ended up also making one for her sister and my daughter (pictured here).
 
And one more for her husband (black t-shirt with white). I'm so happy with the way they turned out. I still have some learning to do with htv, but I'll get there.
Thanks for letting me introduce you to Studio South Seas and Regina Benedetti Moomjean! Please take a look at her Etsy store or visit her Facebook page. And maybe purchase one of her beautiful works of art. They would be perfect for a child's room or really for any area of your home! It'll make you happy every time you look at it!

Sailing on the South Seas...Now that would be an Adventure!


3 comments:

  1. Great job Deb!! Love the graphic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, you, too, are a great artist! The shirt is beautiful! xxoo Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Deb I absolutely love them, very professional!!

    ReplyDelete