Monday, February 23, 2015

Winter Gifts

I posting today some gifts I made for Valentine's Day. I hesitate to call them Valentine's gifts as they are not a traditional representation of what a gift on that day would be. It's not candy, or flowers, or jewelry, or a romantic dinner.
I'm starting with a gift for my 1st born grandson. I made these two creepers that I decorated using a heat transfer press and heat transfer paper. The fox and giraffe were art work from Studio South Seas. The artist is so talented, and I love her work! Check out her wonderful prints by clicking on the link.
This little pillow box was made from a pattern in SVG Cuts Christmas Gifts Bags and Boxes SVG Kit. I made it as large as I could on the cutting mat, and it fit both creepers easily.


My childhood BFF came for a crafting day and we made these t-shirts and baseball caps for her grandkids. The t-shirts were made with htv and a heat press. The baseball caps were made with card stock, and are actually boxes that you can put a gift into. The pattern for the baseball cap boxes comes from SVG Cuts Fun and Games SVG Kit.

And, now the most Valentine-related gift I made for each of the ladies in my Bunco group. This little pale pink and black candy box is made from SVG Cuts' My Day With Dad SVG Kit. It's a gift card box that's is one-piece and oh so easy to make. I left the insert for the gift card out of it and just put candy in it.
Lastly, I'd like to share a card I made for a friend. I pretty much designed this one on my own. The only cut file I used that I didn't design was the little life preserver on the fence came from Fleurette Blooms Ships Ahoy! Element Cutting File.  I used the main background of the card from digi paper called Mama Razzi by Bo Bunny. I designed the cut file for the lighthouse myself.
So, as you can see, they're not all pink hearts and smooches, but a bit more practical and still a fun gift. Happy Valentine's Day anyway!

Think Warm Thoughts
(Spring will be here soon enough!)

No comments:

Post a Comment