Sunday, November 26, 2017

Vintage Heirloom Christmas Tree: Take 2 (white)

Here's my second Vintage Heirloom Christmas Tree. I was getting ready to cut it out in solid white when I saw a new paper design by Adrienne Looman called Mistletoe Kisses. I liked it so much that I decided to see how a print would look on the project. I buy digital paper, mainly from Snap Click Supply (and usually on One Buck Wednesday!). Tree pattern is from SVG Cuts.

I love the way it turned out. So different than the green one, which I love too!
The photo of the tree with the lights on shows a pink tint to it, but you can see from the photo above that there is no pink in the project (or in the light bulb). I was told it was probably the white balance, but I'm not sure that's something you can change with an iPhone photo.
And, when it got even darker, the tree got even pinker! It didn't look pink at all in reality, but it's sort of cool. I'm thinking a pink tree could be awesome.
This has turned into one of my favorite projects. I'm sure I'll be making more of them. The completed tree stands 17"-18" tall.

Merry Christmas Tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment