Sunday, December 25, 2022

Holiday Treat Boxes

Each year it is my happy responsibility to make bridge mix, a recipe given to me by my high school friend. I've been doing it for years. Even though I no longer eat it, I still make it for my expecting friends and family.

I put the bridge mix in Chinese food take-out containers. This year I designed some panels for the front and back. I even took the photos of the bridge mix for the panels (with a bit of added holiday graphics). 

I got an alterable Nutrition Label, and added some nonsense/humor to the information. Not sure you can read all of it (it's too small), but if you look you can see some of it. I really enjoyed making these.
I usually make around 30 boxes. I also designed and cut labels for the top (I have to do this so my husband won't sneak bridge mix out of other peoples boxes!)

This box was made for some pecan brittle I made for a few others who won't eat the bridge mix for health purposes. It is made without sugar (keto). The pattern for this flip-top box comes from Simply Crafty SVGs.


I added a couple of extra layers on the bottom and sides of the box to get it more strength for holding the brittle.

Lastly, I made this little tray, used for some keto crackers that I made. It's so cute. It's a free cut file from Dreaming Tree, called Cookie Snack Tray. It's pretty small so I made it at 110% and it worked well for my purposes. But, to me, it seems a bit small for anything but very small snacks. 


Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment