Monday, January 11, 2021

Eclips Heart Challenge. January 2021

We have a new Eclips/Ecal challenge going on...anything Heart  themed. I love our group of Sizzix Eclips Ecal Makers on Facebook. We all contribute and learn/share new techniques to this cutting machine that we love, but that unfortunately is no longer being sold.

I attempted to design a project altering a layered geometric heart, but it was a total failure, so I went a totally different direction. I guess my altering nodes technique needs a bit of work. So, here is what I finally came up with:

I ended up with a heart box made from two different SVG Cuts kits. The box itself comes from the Love Me Do SVG Kit. I chose to make the smallest heart shaped box.


Of course, I couldn't just leave it at that. I decided to add to the top and incorporate the raised heart from the "HUGS" bag from the All My Love SVG Kit. I reduced the size of this heart to about 2-3/4" tall, so that it would fit on the top of the small heart-shaped box.

I used digital paper from Creative Fabrica, called Watercolor Hearts. I think it's so pretty. 

I did a print2cut on the flower of the raised heart. After the heart was inserted into the top of the heart box, I took another copy of the raised edge portion, removed all of the nodes from all of the tabs, which left me with just the band. I filled that with the pattern of another digi paper, again from the Watercolor Hearts paper collection, and reduced the size to give it a look that popped a bit more. I used print-2-cut, inked it, and then placed it over the original edge. It really set it off nicely.

And, there you have it. I may still add something to the raised heart, but that's to be seen.

Ya Gotta Have Heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment