Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy 4th 2018!

This week I made a couple of 4th of July projects. It's possible they are the first ones I've ever made. Both cut files are from SVG Cuts' Happy 4th SVG Kit

I always wanted to make this vintage marquee flag, but just never got around to it. A crafty friend posted one recently, and it brought it to my attention, so I jumped in and made it. I can't believe how easy it was, and relatively quick as well.
 
This uses a light set with 18 lights. I only had a 24 set, but it turns out I needed it because a couple of the hole spans are further apart than the lights cords would accommodate. I was glad I had a couple of extra lights so I could skip one. This happened at the bottom and top edges.

Not sure I'm crazy about the panels I used on the outside edges. I may re-cover them with a distressed wood grain. But, for now they'll do.

The second project from the same kit is this Happy 4th box card. I made it with lots of glitter card stock. Oh, and that glitter card stock is really, really thick, so I used a double-cut with my cutting machine and it worked great. 
For those of you who don't know, box cards fold flat so they can be put into an envelope. Most of the time they required large custom envelopes, so most of the patterns you find will give you the cut file for the appropriate size. Also, you will need to take it to the post office to have it posted, as there will be extra postage required since they are pretty thick and won't go into the postage machine. Most of the time I will put it in the envelope, and then into a padded mailer and mail it that way.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, USA!






No comments:

Post a Comment