Sunday, July 15, 2018

Three Babies in Two Months, and a Very Happy Grandma & Poppa

I had the pleasure to go to two baby showers recently for two lovely ladies who are sisters-in-law. Their husbands are brothers, and their mother-in-law is a dear friend.

The first baby, a girl, is about 10 days old now. She is beautiful, like her mama. I made this onesie box for her little baby. I know I've posted many of these over the years, but I love the family and story for this one, so here I go again!
I neglected to get photos of this one with the contents and ribbon, but from previous postings I'm sure you get the idea. Here are the onesies I made for this one. Each cupcake hole in the box gets a onesie with socks rolled inside to make it look like a cherry on a cupcake. In this case, I also put in a couple of headbands, which I have not done before.



The next grandbaby to be born is not going to be a grandbaby, but grandbabies! Twin boys are on the way. So, my friend will go from 0 to 3 grandbabies within about two months. Here's the onesie box for this one.
I revised the insert in this box to have only two cupcake holes, and put a pair of onesies in each. I would normally put "a name and name production," but since there are two this time I added "double feature" to it.
This second set is really special. The guitar I put on is the photo of Tom Petty's guitar. The entire family are Tom Petty fans, even to the extent that they were all in England for his concert last year. Needless to say, it meant a little bit more to them to carry on this memory. The grandparents have been fans since they were teenagers (RIP Tom).
I put a gift card at one of the corners where there is no hole, with an envelope slid inside a little pocket. And, in the other, I put a box that contains clothing rod dividers that I designed and made. They have laminate over them so they can wipe clean if need be.
I made the little box/bag to hold them, and made a traditional string-wrap closure.

Lastly I added a little enclosure card that had a little monogram (with two babies) on it, which I used in a couple of spots in the project. The enclosure card is small, about 3-1/4" or so square.
And, that's it! Congrats to this lucky family. You can imagine they are beyond thrilled.
Blessings to the growing families! Love you all!

Three Little Blessings from Up Above

No comments:

Post a Comment