Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Vintage Tuscan Box Card

This may just be my favorite box card yet. I made it for my Italian Auntie, who is special to me not only because she is just lovely, but also because we share the same birthday.

The pattern for this card is from SVG Cuts Wildflower Saloon SVG Kit.  I made a lot of changes to give it the Tuscan feel I was going for.

I restructured the entire top in order to have the dimension to hang the little sign from the top edge.
I think one of my favorite parts is the panel I put at the top. The digital paper I used to make the box card is from Captured & Created Designs' Tuscan Sunset. I altered the art from one of the pages, and elongated it to fit into this spot. 
The cute little sign and grapes came from cut files from the Fruity Fiesta SVG Kit by  SVG Cuts.
Behind the sign is a vintage map of Italy.


I designed the sunflowers myself in my ECAL2 software (for the Sizzix Eclips electronic cutting machine).

Since the height of the back was increased, I needed to fill in the space at the top.

I filled it in adding some more of the grapes, and using a vine from SVG Cuts' Celeste's Cutesy Corner Elements SVG Collection.

And, lastly, the corner hinges were finished in a copper metallic finish (Color Bursts) to give it an old rusty look.

It took a long time to make this, a large reason being how long it took me to find the digi paper I wanted to use. Do you ever have those projects that you carry in your brain, mulling it over and altering it in your thoughts to try to come up with a way to make your vision a reality? This was one of those for me. My auntie loved the card, so it was so worth the effort. It's definitely one of my fave projects ever.

Thanks for taking a look!

Dreaming of the Warm Tuscan Sun










No comments:

Post a Comment