Thursday, March 9, 2023

Lavender-Themed Gifts

This year I have a bit of a theme going on for the women in the family. I first made this hexagonal box for my sis-in-law's birthday. I had purchased a pretty dish cloth with  images of lavender for her, and wanted a nice box in which to gift it. 

The gift box was also a part of a challenge to use cut files from Dreaming Tree. This is the Sunflower Gift Box, but I changed the theme. It's such a pretty box, and is very easy to make. I'll be making another for a different sis-in-law in a couple of months.

I used some lavender print digital paper, as well as some French Country images, purchased from Etsy.

I doubled up on most of the surfaces to make this box extra strong. The top and bottom pieces of the box have extra layers inside, as well as all facets of the bottom of the box. Also on the top slanted portion of the lid.

On the bottom I added a little label with the year date.
On the top, I put this bouquet of lavender. The cut file is called Lavender Greetings, and is a free cut file for a card, again from Dreaming Tree.

Then, I made a bag for another sis-in-law, who received the same lavender dish cloth (and other goodies). This bag also comes from Dreaming Tree and is a free cut file, called Birthday Gift Bag. I had to increase the size of the bag to more easily fit the contents that was going into it.
Thanks for taking a look.

Lavender: Purity, Silence, Devotion, Serenity, Grace, and Calmness



No comments:

Post a Comment