Thursday, March 2, 2023

My First Sock Monkey

I'm getting on in age, and learned to sew when I was in junior high school. But, in all of that time I never made a traditional sock monkey. I finally decided it was time. I made this for my grandson's birthday. I had no clue they were so easy to make. Funny that the socks purchased actually come with instructions on how to cut it out to utilize the complete pair of socks.

I used a tutorial by a man from YouTube, and it was great. There's just something about a sock monkey that is nostalgic, although I can't remember if I ever owned one as a child.

I thought it was interesting that the head, body and legs came from one sock, all in one piece. The tail, arms, ears and mouth came from the other sock, and all were hand sewn onto the monkey's body. The eyes were made from buttons that I had in my craft stash, and the eyebrows and nose were stitched with some old yarn I had laying around.


Happy Birthday, Sun Bun!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment